In consideration of the recent outbreak of the Coronavirus and the high demand for respirators, we feel that it is extremely important for the general public to understand how to use their respirators correctly. If you do not fit your respirator correctly, the mask will not perform as required or expected.
Here are some quick steps to ensure that you are using your mask correctly:
Putting your respirator on
- Cup the respirator in your hand, with the nosepiece at your fingertips and allow the headbands to hand freely below your hand.
- Place the respirator over your nose and mouth. Be sure the metal nose clip is on top. Pull the top strap over your head until it rests on the crown of your head above your ears. Pull the bottom strap over your head and position it around the neck below the ears.
- Place your fingertips from both hands at the top of the metal nosepiece. Using two hands, mold the nose area to the shape of your nose by pushing inward while moving your fingertips down both sides of the nosepiece. (Using one hand may result in improper fit and less effective performance.)
- Check the respirator-to-face seal. Place both hands completely over the respirator then inhale and exhale sharply. Be careful not to disturb the position of the respirator. If air leaks at the respirator edges, work the straps back along the sides of your head.
Removing your respirator
- Follow step 2 of the instructions above and cup the respirator in your hand to maintain the position on your face.
- Pull the bottom strap over your head.
- Still holding the respirator in position, pull the top strap over your head and remove the respirator.
Should you need any assistance, our Khulanathi Respiratory Experts will be happy to help: firstname.lastname@example.org